Monday, March 31, 2008

How big is Ellie? Soooo big!



I can't belive how much Ellie has grown. She now has two bottom teeth and has more personality, stuburness mainly, than anyone I have ever seen! What a girl she is! So many mothers have approached me when they heard how loud Ellie is and have said that they knew a baby like that and one day they just started talking in full sentences. Well it happened! Kind of anyway. On Brian's birthday we were at his parents house celebrated and I heard a baby that wasn't mine, I turned around and it was mine! Ellie was talking! She has never before cooed or made any of those cute baby noises, nothing but shrilling from this one and now she was saying mama and dada and kitty and all sorts of other unrecognizeable words. This was so special, because it was Brian's birthday and she was saying dada, and even more special in my opinion because it gave me some hope of not having to pack ear plugs in the diaper bag. She has been yelling signifigantly less, but now she is talking, rather loud, but at least talking!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAA! She is so impressive because at 7 months she will try and say almost any word you ask her to, granted the majority of them are not understood, I truly attribute it to all of the practice that she has had! Now I can be one of those moms who hears a baby yelling non-stop and reassure her that one day it will pay of with some awesome talking skills. Ellie is not yet crawling. It is so funny because if you ask her if she wants to crawl, she laughs at you, even though she doesn't know what you are talking about. Daddy will hold her and tell her that it is okay that all of the other babies are crawling, not to worry about it because crawling is a bust anyway. I don't think these pep talks are helping. I guess she is only 7 months old, I should know better already having had a baby than to try and rush the mobility stage.

1 comment:

The Duncan Family said...

Michelle,
You were destined to get a little one to talk so early, with all the talking her mom likes to do. She is so cute, and getting so big. This week is busy, but lets go to lunch next week